Saturday, April 17, 2010

Expect Turbulence

I just finished a wonderful supper extracted from my juicer. It wasn't very pretty, on the pea soup side as color goes, but it didn't taste horrible. I also had a mug of Detox tea made by Yogi, which smells odd, tastes okay, and slightly burns going down. I'm burping up a storm right now, which is never pleasant, but I'm full. I kind of feel like you do after Thanksgiving dinner and all you want to do is curl into a ball and fall asleep. But that aside I feel good, I feel like I'm really giving this a good go. 


That being said, it brings me to the title of today's blog, 'Expect Turbulence'. I'm being dead serious when I say this, it's hard, harder than you would think. When I told my coworkers about what I'm planning on doing I hit a brick wall. None of them could understand that I'm taking this step for me, is it drastic, yes, but that's what I need. To be completely honest though, it lit a fire under me and I felt one of those 'I'll show you' attitudes beginning to swell in my chest. Then at the market this afternoon, imagine being a fat girl pushing a cart full to the brim with fruit and veggies. I felt like a fool. But I held my head high, shrugged off the skeptical glances, and pushed on through produce! 


This is exactly what I've never been able to accomplish before, the drive, the motivation, the need to show your peers that your done talking and are ready to start doing! I realize how abnormal this may be, this lifestyle overhaul, but for someone who has relied on America's mainstream fast food chains and unhealthy eating habits her whole life this is exactly what I need to jump start my system and begin anew. 


Okay so here is what I ate today:


  • Late Lunch (1pm): 1 Banana and 1 Naval Orange
  • Dinner (7pm): 1 juiced drink (that I forgot to measure, oops!
  • Mug of Detox tea
I didn't really follow a recipe for the juicing tonight, I just winged it. So we'll see you back here tomorrow, for more juicing stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia

avandia